Friday 10 June 2011

Cotton, Iron, Poppy, and Hazelnuts

We are from Famagusta city in the island of Cyprus. We live at a university campus. We are Melek's friends, she and the students are taking care of us.

I am Pamuk (Cotton, in the middle of the picture). A student abandoned me when he/she was leaving Cyprus. I have been on the street for seven months. In the winter when it rains I go to Melek's office, and she feeds me with very nice food. I like chicken very much.

I am Demir (Iron, behind Pamuk). One day a fish hook got stuck in my nose, and Melek called the vet who said this is a very big hook used for catching very big fish. I had to have an operation so that the doctor could remove it. Then I slept in Melek's office until got better. Now I am ok, hanging around with other dogs and visit Melek's feeding and watering points.

I am Gelincik (Poppy, in the front). One day Melek found me and my babies in the garden. My owner threw us out here when I gave birth. Melek used to call my kids Findiklar (Hazelnuts). She fed us and tried to find homes for my kids because the security guards and the restaurant owner did not want us here. Four of them found very good homes. The last one was with me for a while, and then one day she disappeared. Hope she is ok.


Recently the university and the municipal authorities have started a massacre and they killed six other dogs living in other parts of the campus. Melek was so afraid that we were killed too. We, Demir and Pamuk, are still around but we have not seen Gelincik for some time. We are really worried. Hope she is somewhere nice...


We will keep you posted...

Love from our sunny Cyprus...

No comments: