Sunday 9 February 2014

And miles to go before I sleep





                                                Whose woods these are I think I know.
                                                His house is in the village though;
                                                He will not see me stopping here
                                                To watch his woods fill up with snow.

                                                My little horse must think it queer
                                                To stop without a farmhouse near
                                                Between the woods and frozen lake
                                                The darkest evening of the year.

                                                He gives his harness bells a shake
                                                To ask if there is some mistake.
                                                The only other sound’s the sweep
                                                Of easy wind and downy flake.

                                                The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
                                                But I have promises to keep,
                                                And miles to go before I sleep,
                                                And miles to go before I sleep.

No comments: