Saturday 23 June 2012

Elysion...Killing My Dreams

Elysion prove that Greece can also have great metal bands, although this music genre is not one that prevails there. The band was founded back in 2006 and released their first and so far only album Silent Scream in 2009. Christianna, the band's vocalist, has an unimaginably good voice and apart from being an exceptional performer, she is also a beautiful woman.

Elysion are very professional and musically flawless, having superb compositions that even  successful female-fronted bands worldwide would have liked to release. Killing My Dreams is a very popular song from their album which proves the band's abilities and excellency.

Elysion are here to stay and I am looking forward to their next step...


Why have ourselves abandoned us
Why they no more belong to us
Cries in the sky pray to believe
My heart and soul will never forgive

We are all being used
Our lives have been abused
Still no one resists
I guess
There's nothing to lose
I am no longer confused
You're killing my dreams

My heart cries out for the touch I will never have
Before my eyes you've burnt everything I loved
I'm on the edge and you're forcing me not to fall
You'll never see me crawl

3 comments:

aris.cs said...

A fine band indeed. And just like you say, Christianna may be beautiful but she is no female attraction - she comes across as an accomplished singer and a team player. My favourite track of theirs is 'Erase Me':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o68tlJaETnI

By the way, the album's cover art is by Natalie Shau:

http://natalieshau.carbonmade.com/projects/3192268#10

black symphony said...

'Erase Me' is a great track...with deeply meaningful lyrics...Well, Elysion is surely one thing for which I am proud to be Greek ;)

aris.cs said...

Bands like Elysion, or Kandia from Portugal (http://www.kandiamusic.com), are interesting cases exactly because they come from cultural contexts not traditionally associated with rock and metal music. Unfortunately, some fans (including local fans) look down on them for this very reason.

Others have more sympathy for them because of their increased difficulty to find gigs and get record deals as they are not singing in their native language and the music they play is not that popular where they come from. They are more or less seen as a kind of 'endangered species'.

In other words, such bands have to stand up to all shorts of stereotypes, discrimination and shortsightedness. But at the end of the day, it all boils down to how good a band is, not where it comes from. And both Elysion and Kandia (as well as others) happen to be great.